Morning Beauties! Happy Sunday!
I have a little Sunday beauty secret to share with you today...so pop to your local supermarket...grab a few ingredients (theres only 3) and give yourself a little pamper this evening while you have your feet up before another busy week starts!
Im going to be adding more interactive and inspiration based posts to my diary blog to keep you looking and feeling amazing...even when I can't be there in person to help! So please...if you have any questions or ideas on topics you'd like me to cover...or products you'd like my feedback on just let me know! (Pop me a comment on my Facebook page)
Today i'm going to share with you one of my FAV homemade super duper easy DIY face masks. I found this mixture browsing online at beauty blogs (in fact I'm pretty sure it was from Huda Beauty...I have a very big Huda obsession/girl crush).
For this mask you'll need 3 ingredients:
- Organic Milk
The mask is amazing for a million different reasons, but particularly for breakouts! Unfortunately we all have them, but fortunately theres a lot of help we can give our selves. I like to use this mask whenever I'm feeling a bit stressed, not too well or basically whenever I know I've got a break out coming. Ladies...we all know too well when this is going to happen!
So a little break down of why this is so amazing before we get to the fun stuff!
- Milk- The lactic acid helps to break down dead skin cells acting as a natural exfoliator, Calcium helps to heal, Protein for tissue repair and growth, Vitamin D to stimulate collagen and minimise acne...and plenty more!
- Nutmeg- reduces swelling and inflation around clogged pores with antibacterial and anti fungal properties to combat breakouts!
- Honey- Helps with the healing of acne with anti inflammatory properties and amazing healing properties...wonderful for scarring!
Now the fun stuff!
This is soooooooo easy I can't even tell you! (Well i'm going to tell you because that's the whole point of this post, but you know what I mean)
- Grab yourself a bowl
- Add a heaped teaspoon of nutmeg
- Add a splash of milk (around 2-3 shot glass sizes)
- Mix well (the nutmeg can be a bit of a pain)
- Now add a heaped tablespoon of honey
- Mix well
- Get an old (but clean) foundation brush...synthetic hair is best as its washes out easily so a cheap one is fine
- Spread that loveliness all over your face (avoid your eyes)
- Leave the mask to work its magic for a minimum of 10 mins...I like to leave it on for around 30-45mins just while I'm just watching tv, cooking dinner etc...
- Find a Muslin Cloth or Flannel, rinse it under the hot tap and squeeze out the excess water
- Use the cloth the remove the mask thoroughly (rinsing again if necessary)
- Tone and moisturise your face as normal...and thank me later!
It really is that simple...3 ingredients (that you should have in your kitchen), mix them together, plaster your face and relax!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mask...I hope you do too!
I'd love to know what you guys think of this, comment on my Facebook, post your face mask selfies and share with your friends!
As always... thanks for being so bloody amazing and lovely!!