EMERALD SKIN SESSIONS
PRE & POST CARE ADVISE FOR ALL SKIN SESSIONS
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
(All treatments are only available for those who are 18 years +)
Please be advised that facial treatments are NOT suitable for those…
- Suffering with bacterial skin infections (including coldsores)
- On any intense skin medication (i.e. roaccutane) – treatment is only available 6 months after you have finished your course.
- Who are pregnant or breastfeeding (Skin session 1 available only, electrical treatments will be substituted, please state this on booking).
- Who have received botox or filler treatments within the last 2 weeks. (please note you can have a facial and receive botox or fillers straight after).
- Currently with cancer or receiving cancer treatment.
- Who have received laser treatment within the last 14 days.
- Who have received a chemical peel within the last 14 days.
- With diabetes, epilepsy or any blood disorders.
- With any inflammatory skin issues (including rosacea).
(If you have any concerns that are not listed above please email to discuss)
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
For the following few weeks whilst your skin is in the process of self repairing:
- Avoid direct sun light/use of sun beds for the following 5-7 days.
- Avoid any harsh skin products for at least 3-5 days; this includes alcohol based toners, retinol and scrubs.
- You will experience redness and swelling which will will resolve within 24 hours.
- Avoid the use of make up for 24-48 hours after the procedure, to make sure skin channels are left to settle and no pores are penetrated.
- Wash all make up brushes before the next use to remove all bacteria and avoid contaminating your skin causing further irritation.
- Use fresh towels or flannels for any facial cleansing after your treatment and sleep with a fresh pillow case.
- Avoid any activity that will cause you to sweat (saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, exercise) for 48 hours after your procedure, to avoid pores from reopening and bacteria entering the punctures.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated after your procedure to help your skin heal and rejuvenate faster.
- Use moisturiser and hydrating products such as serums liberally throughout the first 7 days following your procedure. Reapply when needed.
If you have any questions or would like further advise following treatment please contact Jenna via email firstname.lastname@example.org